automation direct temp card

stu

hi guys i have a f2-04thm temp card and i am trying to find out how to calabrate the card because the temps are up and down when at temperture can anyone help.
thanks stu

Calibration is done in software. Calibration is not the issue. If fluctuation is on the input, you have noise. Ground loop if T/C's are grounded. Use digital filtering. If the problem is output, your PID needs tuning. Use the built-in PID. It's easy to setup and works very well.

keithkyll said:
Calibration is done in software. Calibration is not the issue. If fluctuation is on the input, you have noise. Ground loop if T/C's are grounded. Use digital filtering. If the problem is output, your PID needs tuning. Use the built-in PID. It's easy to setup and works very well.

How do you tune the PID? i am neew to all this?
thanks
stu

Tuning PID is an art, and the subject of many books. Search this forum for a wealth of info.
The software has an Autotune feature. Do an Autotune, and it will set your PID values. Sometimes this is enough, sometimes you need to do some final tweaking.