Suggestions for Wireless Network.

jcallis2669

Hello everyone. I have a series of A-Series, FX-Series Mitsubishi, and 1 Omron CJ9N Processor. My co-worker and I want to connect all the processors with a wireless network. All the processors are within a 150 foot range of each other, so distance won't be any issue. I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on accomplishing this. We are not sure how complicated or costly this would be. Any info or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Hi

have you got ethernet adatptors for each PLC? That will cost.
Is the idea to program over ethernet, over for SCADA type idea?

I am not real familiar with a SCADA type system, but my co-worker and I were toying with the idea of using a wireless type system rather than hard wiring with ethernet. There aren't any ethernet modules currently installed on any of the processors. Most of the processors are already set-up with CC-Link modules for remote I/O and that sort. We have not done a whole lot research yet, I was mainly searching for any ideas to point us in a feasible direction. Thanks for any input.

jcallis2669 said:
I am not real familiar with a SCADA type system, but my co-worker and I were toying with the idea of using a wireless type system rather than hard wiring with ethernet. There aren't any ethernet modules currently installed on any of the processors. Most of the processors are already set-up with CC-Link modules for remote I/O and that sort. We have not done a whole lot research yet, I was mainly searching for any ideas to point us in a feasible direction. Thanks for any input.
Since CC Link is set up, I would look for a gateway that supports CC Link to Ethernet.
It will be the cheapest way to go since you are half way there.
The main issue will be finding a gateway.
Someone posted on here a couple days ago a gateway that will do almost anything.
Anybus I think !!
You should do a search for it.

I started looking into that type system, and it looks like that might be what I am looking for. I appreciate all the feedback. Thanks once again.