Siemens DB memory. I don't understand.

sapoleon

Hi, I have a misunderstanding when working with the Siemens PLC's.
I use DBs that I create, and also instance DB from the FBs. I know that I have the Working Memory, and the Memory in the MMC.
So, the question is, what is stored in both the memories? when the working memory is load?
And, another thing, is if I reach the limit of the MMC, but I still at 50% of the working memory, is it just a question of buying a bigger MMC to solve my problem?

thanks for your comments.

1. The load memory is located on a Micro Memory Card (MMC). The amount of load
memory corresponds exactly to the MMC. It serves to store code and data blocks
as well as system data (configuration, connection, module parameters, etc.).
Blocks that are identified as non runtime-related are stored exclusively in load
memory.
You can also store all the configuration data for your project on the MMC.

The RAM is integrated in the CPU and cannot be extended. Its only purpose is
processing of code and user program data. Programs only run in RAM and system
memory.

2. Yes.