FactoryTalk View SE 5.0

I'm currently working with a technical assessment to decide a system migration to FactoryTalk View SE 5.0 vs FactoryTalk View SE 4.0

I'm looking for any particular product issue (of any of the mentioned versions) that I should be aware off. Your input will be appreciated.

If you use VBA Code at all, most particularly, passing parameters back and forth between displays, FTView 5.0 is broken.

Other than that, no real issues with 5.0. Rockwell did drop the August 04 Patch roll-up for View 5, due to some compatibility issues with un-patched stations (no kidding!, but why would you not patch all connected units in an application?).

Really though, the only bad problem I have with 5.0 is the VBA. It takes a LOT of tweaking to get it functioning. Alarms and Events is almost worth losing some VBA functionality though.

The system that I'm planning to migrate use a lot of VBA for users security purpose and it continuosly pass parameters between displays.

Do you know if Rockwell has a documented technote on how to fix the VBA issue?

RSView SE/FactoryTalk View SE

RSView SE/FactoryTalk View SE is the most unreliable and unstable HMI software ever on the market. We had extremely bad experience with this product.

Thexman - you're quite the lurker. Registered a year and 7 months ago and you're first and only post so far knocks a product. Welcome, though. Perhaps you had a good experience with whatever you replaced that product with?

Thexman said:
RSView SE/FactoryTalk View SE is the most unreliable and unstable HMI software ever on the market. We had extremely bad experience with this product.

So far I had only one reply about the goods and bads of FTView 5.0
Do you have any other feedback about this product?
I will appreciate any feedback about it, thanks a lot.