Problem with 2098-DSD-HV030-XDN and MPL-B4530-MJ22AA

davidgay

Hi Guys! I am getting Fault 31 on my servo drive when I apply +24vdc to the Enable Input (digital input 0). This seems to indicate some sort of Encoder problem, but when the drive is attached to another motor (same type) I still get this error. I have an identical setup inside the same cabinet (for another part of this application) and it works just fine. In fact the configuration for both the master and slave drives is the same (exactly ) in the other application. Have any of you encountered a similar problem? I am beginning to suspect a bad drive as the other components seem to check out OK.

Breakout as follows: +24VDC to #31 (enable)
#32 (+24VDC to start indexing)
+24VDC to #29, #30 (I/O power)
-24VDC to #27, #28 (COM)
(encoder signals out on master
tied to encoder inputs on slave breakout)

Master Drive <-----> D4401 <-----> D4401 <-----> Slave Drive
| | encoder signals | |
S09 | S09 |
| 16S09 | 16S09
| | | |
MPL-B4530-MJ22AA MPL-B4530-MJ22AA

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David

Last edited:
found the problem

Hey Guys,

The problem is 3 of the 7 motors for this project were defective from the factory... odds are about a billion to one, but it does happen.

Thanks everybody for viewing the post. I apologize for the messed up diagram, forgot the text is space compressed.

Anyway, thanks for the views.

David