Panelview 1400 Password

Ctrayler

We have a panelview 1400 that the config is locked down by a password, I have tried the little white button on the corner and still have no luck as it requests a password. The programmer that set the system up is no longer here and I am contracting to make some design changes, Any suggestions on how we can get this panelview to reset it's password so that we can change the Node address????

Thanks,

Chris

Don't of a way to reset your PV but. Do you have the .PVA or .PBA files?
If so make your changes there and download to the PV. Uncheck the secure configuration screen before you do so.
If you don't have the PVA or PBA files then upload save as PBA and make the changes required. The screen protection should not prevent you from uploading the program. ( that I know of)

Last edited:
Is this a PanelView 1400 or a PanelView 1400e ?

The "square in the left corner" seems to imply a 1400 Standard. I have never seen one that didn't respond to that method of getting to the configuration screen.

Reality check; is there some way I don't know about to password-protect even the Configuration Mode ?

Yes, there is...:mad:

It is possible to do this using Panelbuilder32; in the security settings, in the Operators tab, there is the possibility to check/uncheck the option to leave the operator access the Config. Screen.
If the Configuration screen is secured, you will not be able to get into configuration mode by the "square" method, you will have to reload the application with a Goto Config button on one of the screens.

Reference - page136:

Panelbuilder32 Getting Results

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Hey, thanks ! I've never done that.

I'm thinking that your company and its attorney need to have a prompt and serious talk with your former employee.

Thanks for the replies, One last thing is whether there is a way to see what the node address is during this config lockdown with the password. Not sure what node address I am looking at with that specific panel.

Thanks.

Unfortunately you don't have this possibility.

Is the PV connected on a network?
You may try to browse for it in RSLinx, configuring the right comm driver: leaving it powered off you will see a red cross on it's icon; powering it up, the cross disappear.

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]