xxxx.BR file extension

bkottaras

I received a file wich uses the xxx.BR extension.
According to the customer it is for a machine controller (PLC??).
Bad thing is that they don't have a clue what brand.
I think this is through someone who has someone as a client.
Does anyone here recognize the extension?
B & R maybe?
Thanks in advance.

bkottaras said:
I received a file wich uses the xxx.BR extension.
According to the customer it is for a machine controller (PLC??).
Bad thing is that they don't have a clue what brand.
I think this is through someone who has someone as a client.
Does anyone here recognize the extension?
B & R maybe?
Thanks in advance.

Anyone???
I'll take guesses too at this point!!

My WAG..
Have you tried opening it with different types of editors ? It will probabaly show garbage but you might be able to recognise something in their , like XIC or XIO may point towards Rockwell or Outputs starting with a Q may point towards Seimens,

Dua Anjing said:
My WAG..
Have you tried opening it with different types of editors ? It will probabaly show garbage but you might be able to recognise something in their , like XIC or XIO may point towards Rockwell or Outputs starting with a Q may point towards Seimens,
I thought it will be best if I ask on here first.
A lot of people, you never know.
I guess I'll have to start experimenting with it sometime.
I have the Rockwell stuff and the Siemens as well.
Doesn't sound familiar though, not even as a backup file.
So I figured it must be something else.
Not sure how B&R handle their programs, it may be a PLC/HMI combo since the size is huge. Or maybe a CoDeSys based controller.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

I do not have automation studio yet plan on sometime in the future so I can not say if the file name you presented is a newer B&R file. I can tell you that I have the ProSys package to program B&R and all the files they save are xxx.prg and xxx.cfg I did not find any files with the extention .br, So does anyone out there use Automation Studio from B&R? How are there file extentions? I did do a google search on file extentions and the following is what google came up with:

Bridge Script
Omnis 7
Playa File

These were the so called top results.

mrtweaver said:
I do not have automation studio yet plan on sometime in the future so I can not say if the file name you presented is a newer B&R file. I can tell you that I have the ProSys package to program B&R and all the files they save are xxx.prg and xxx.cfg I did not find any files with the extention .br, So does anyone out there use Automation Studio from B&R? How are there file extentions? I did do a google search on file extentions and the following is what google came up with:

Bridge Script
Omnis 7
Playa File

These were the so called top results.
Thanks.
I did get the same thing when I did a search.
Can't be those though.
I think it is B & R since I opened up the program with Notepad and found references to BRDevices and such.
And this is a SoftPLC so it must be one of their older PC based systems.
I did get automation studio a couple of years back for a trial session but not sure if I still have the cd.
The only good thing may be that it can be imported to automation studio??
Now, when you get in notepad references to "SoftPLC failed to start" and a bunch of other errors and warnings makes you think twice about working on it!!

I have Automation Studio and use it to program 2005 CPUs. There is many different files associated with one PLC program. .br is one of these files, but on my systems, .br alone would not be the whole program.

I do not use the SoftPLCs so I am not sure what extenstions these take.