Mean value

Michal_dk

Hi Guys!

I'm having trouble with getting a stable value from a 1798-IF4FXOF4F analog in-output module. I suspect that noise is part of the problem - the cable to the transmitter is unschielded :-(

But I recall sometime ago to have had imilar problems with a scale value and then doing a mean value thing on the meassured value. picking up the values over eg. 100 ms and then using the mean value of this.

Was/Is there a function for this or did I make a FIFO or something like that? I'm using a 1768-L43 CPU

Regards,

Michal Rudbeck-Rønne

Michal_dk said:
Hi Guys!

I'm having trouble with getting a stable value from a 1798-IF4FXOF4F analog in-output module. I suspect that noise is part of the problem - the cable to the transmitter is unschielded :-(

Something for you to look at in your cable to the transmitter,
If there are any spare cores that are unused my suggestion is to tie them down to earth, but only at one end.