how to vary pwm duty cycle???

ezraaris

i have problem in vary pwm duty cycle using pwm instruction in OMRON cq1h PLC.i have value that need to be used to run my motor.the value is from my controller.can i just put the value at the duty factor place in the pwm.plss reply to me ASAP cause i have limited time.

The value of my controller is in DM200.I have move it there.Can i just put the DM200 at the duty factor place in the pwm instruction?

Last edited:
sorry.i don't understand.what do u meant by units necessary for the instruction?.from the programming manual, it state that the value for the duty factor that valid in the pwm instruction are in =(DM,IR,AR,#) and the duty factor ranging is 1% to 99%.

I mean that in some PLC models (in CP1H for instance) the D=245 for the PWM instruction will mean 24.5% PWM duty.
That is, you define PWM duty in 0.1% units and frequency in 0.1Hz units.

i used CQM1H plc(OMRON).let say the output of my controller is #2000.i have to used this value to run my dc motor.the card that i used to run my motor is Pulse I/O board.

So, can i just put the D=2000 in the pwm instruction??

p/s=sorry because i'm really new with this PLC and the pwm instruction

ezraaris said:
i used CQM1H plc(OMRON).let say the output of my controller is #2000.i have to used this value to run my dc motor.the card that i used to run my motor is Pulse I/O board.

So, can i just put the D=2000 in the pwm instruction??

p/s=sorry because i'm really new with this PLC and the pwm instruction

give me your email.i can send my ladder diagram and my block diagram of my project.can you evaluate my ladder diagram and correct my mistakes?