new pc

Terry Boblitt

Got received my new pc. Old one was locking up + doing stupid stuff. Luckly IT got it with XP ut it doesn't have an RS232 serial port. What type of USB adp. do I need. Thanks Terry

surprising enough I also found that the Omron CIF31 USB to serial adaptor also works with the processors you've mentioned The AB adaptor is the 1747-UIC but if you do a search on this site you'll realize its not very reliable

that will depend on what cable your using for example if your using the 1747-cp3 cable the driver is rs232 SLC/micrologix the usb adaptor is tranparent to RS linx if your hooking up to the micrologix via a 1747-pm02 cable then same driver but select micrologix

Terry Boblitt said:
When you plug the USB to RS232 adaptor into the pc does the pc see it as a RS232 port?

Yes. The adapter comes with driver software that will make your computer use it as a Serial Port.

For the majority of uses, it will work exactly like a serial port.

yes (and no).
It can be assigned a serial port though (not real)
You should look under serial ports to find out what it is set to and make any changes

bkottaras said:
yes (and no).
It can be assigned a serial port though (not real)
You should look under serial ports to find out what it is set to and make any changes

I have never seen one be used as anything other then a serial port... so can you explain the NO part??
--------------------------------------------------

PS.... Thanks for the plug Mickey

Mark

Back
Top Bottom