Versamax Micro64

Bob.K

I would like to replace the inner workings of an obsolete annunciator with a Versamax IC200UDD064 Micro 64 PLC.
I would like to use the chassis and cells of the old annunciator by wiring the PLC outputs directly to the Incandescent lamps for proper annunciation. My question: our distributer told me that incandescent lamps have a fairly high inrush current especially when the filament is cold. I intend to use 2-24MB bulbs per output and the bulbs are rated at 70ma each. The Versamax Micro outputs are rated at 700ma. Will the inrush current be too high for this type of output? the plc will turn the lamps on and off until the alarm is acknowledged which could be several days in some cases. Thanks in advance

Bob.K said:
I would like to replace the inner workings of an obsolete annunciator with a Versamax IC200UDD064 Micro 64 PLC.
I would like to use the chassis and cells of the old annunciator by wiring the PLC outputs directly to the Incandescent lamps for proper annunciation. My question: our distributer told me that incandescent lamps have a fairly high inrush current especially when the filament is cold. I intend to use 2-24MB bulbs per output and the bulbs are rated at 70ma each. The Versamax Micro outputs are rated at 700ma. Will the inrush current be too high for this type of output? the plc will turn the lamps on and off until the alarm is acknowledged which could be several days in some cases. Thanks in advance
Not sure what type of bulbs but you could replace the incandecent ones with LED ones. Similar to illuminated push buttons and such.
Better illumination and will last a life time.

Thanks for the info. I had been looking at the LED's for some time now but was concerned about whether the light load of the LED would not load the output down enough to compensate for the leakage current which would keep the light off when the output is off. Our distributer says that the light load problem is mostly inherent in AC circuits using triacs and not the dc output transistors. The LED's are coming down in price but still not equal to incandescent. At $12.00 a pop (Newark) it takes some convincing of those who are more accountable for the bucks than I am. The LED's are approaching the cost of the PLC.