Beckhoff PLC HMI

addicted

Hello.

I ama a beginner and for experiment I have bought the Beckhoff's Twincat PLC HMI supplement for the hmi developement within the PLC Control software, but so far unable to create a single visualization.

I need help please.

Faisal

I've created HMI's using the TwinCAT environment, but never used the supplement to make it a stand alone HMI. How far have you been able to get?

hi Archie,

actually my head of the department have done the purchasing, I can ask him then let you know...

well by supplement I meant the visualization feature built in the PLC Control software.

can I have some tutorial of a qiuck guide for experimenting?

Regards,
Faisal

First thing you need to do is to add a rectangle

SelectRect.PNG

Then double click to get to properties

RectProperties.PNG

In the content, it works just like C programming. A "%d" means an integer variable will go in place of it.

%s - string
%f - floating (REAL)

OMG Archie....Thanks...

this is exactly what i was intending to know...

is it possible to get an online tutorial? which will teach step by step implementation for a sample program...?

Now go to Variables, select Text Display and press F2. This will bring up a list of variables from your program. Select an integer variable if you used %d from above

AddVariable.PNG

If you login, you will now see the value of the variable you selected.

Thanks Archie once again......

You Americans are really helpful and good nation.... no wonder 3rd world happens to have such bad ideas for Americans... I am really thankful to you...

cheers...

Faisal
Pakistan

Thanks to PLCtalk.net and Archie I have been able to write and run my first HMI in the Beckhoff Visualization editor...

Cheers...

Being a beginner I just simply tried to take the inputs for an OR gate through Visu Button and displayed the output on an LED.