Micrologic 1200 program swap problems

jeepmadmike

Hi all, i have a micrologics 1200 with a damaged relay contact and am trying to upload the existing program but am having issues with getting my laptop to connect to the PLC, it is usually connected to a HMI via com port is this what is causing me issues?
My RSlinx is linx lite if that makes any difference?
I'm using com1 on my pc which is a proper serial port and RSlinx driver im trying is AB_DF1-1 DH485.

I have contacted the guy who wrote the software and he was less than helpful but did mention it would need to be a DH485 driver?

would it be possible to use a epromm to swap the software? but i havent a clue how to do that!!

sorry for being a dim sparky (electricain) but i usually manage to solve my plc problems!

disregard what I stated earlier your doing a passhrough with the HMI I didn't notice that before which make and model of HMI are you using and what port on the HMI

The right cable to use is 1761-CBL-PM02 (RS-232)

The protocol in RSLinx it depends on how the com port of the PLC is configured:

MY SUGGESTION:

At first go in RSLogix500, open your project, open the channel configuration (on the left side), go to channel 0 and you'll see how it is configured.

If it is configured as DF1 then, connect the cable, go in RSLinx - Configure Driver, double click on AB-DF1, then, after selected the correct COM port of the PC, push the button Auto Configure and look at the message that appears beside; if it is successful ! then all is right - OTHERWISE
If the port is configured as DH-485 protocol, you need to use another driver, named 1747-PIC/AIC driver, with the same cable, but you have first delete the AB-DF1 driver because they want to use the same COM port of the PC; You have to select a node number and the right speed for it (there is not an autoconfigure option...:unsure:

At that point, you HAVE to see the PLC icon in Rswho.

Go to RSLogix500, comms, system comms, select the PLC icon in your driver and upload the program.

o_O

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Last edited:
jeepmadmike said:
Hi all, i have a micrologics 1200 with a damaged relay contact and am trying to upload the existing program but am having issues with getting my laptop to connect to the PLC, it is usually connected to a HMI via com port is this what is causing me issues?
My RSlinx is linx lite if that makes any difference?
I'm using com1 on my pc which is a proper serial port and RSlinx driver im trying is AB_DF1-1 DH485.

I have contacted the guy who wrote the software and he was less than helpful but did mention it would need to be a DH485 driver?

On page 4:3 of this manual refers to a comms toggle pushbutton its under one of the lift up covers and has to be held for 1 second

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1762-um001_-en-p.pdf

thanks for the advise guys

auto configure does not configue!

RSlinx is giving me problems when i try and change the driver i get a pop up message stating;
cannot create driver when RSlinx is running as a service, restart rslinx as a normal application

how do i do this? its a new one to me!

and the rockwell web site PDF files will not open for me, but im working on that one.

jeepmadmike said:
thanks for the advise guys

auto configure does not configue!

RSlinx is giving me problems when i try and change the driver i get a pop up message stating;
cannot create driver when RSlinx is running as a service, restart rslinx as a normal application

how do i do this? its a new one to me!

and the rockwell web site PDF files will not open for me, but im working on that one.

See Pictures below. Click on RSLinx Launch Control and uncheck always run as a service. Then stop RsLinx
RSLinxLaunchControl.JPG

uncheckThis.JPG

Did you follow my suggestion?

"At first go in RSLogix500, open your project, open the channel configuration (on the left side), go to channel 0 and you'll see how it is configured."

It is a quick step to do and it is helpful... :cool:

Anyway, assuming that the cable is correct, maybe the port is configured as DH-485.

2 differnet ways to move on:

1. Follow what Gil47 wrote (easy way to reconfigure ch 0 to default and use DF1 driver)

OTHERWISE

2. Configure the 1747PIC/AIC driver, using the settings you'll find in RS500 project; the error you got, it indicates that RSLinx is running as service, and DH-485 driver doesn't work in this manner.
Go to Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> RSLinx -> RSLinx Launch Control Panel and de-select "Always start as a service", and stop it using button.
Then start manually RSLinx using its icon and try again to configure the PIC driver... it should work. :oops: (remember to stop or delete the DF1 driver!)

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Thanks all i have now uploaded the code and down loaded it into the replacement, hopefully it will all be ok when i return to site and fit the new PLC.