I need some advice

automan

Hi all
This is a brief about my CV:

5 years as Automation engineer in a maintenance team (Steel Industry, Siemens R30 Industry)
1 year as supervisor for commissioning in a S7 Project
1 year as project manager in a HMI project
3 years as sales engineer preparing technical proposals and ding negotiations

and now I'm departing to Australia for a living. I have been far from pure technical things about PLC.

I should look for a job in Australia. What field do you recommend me to search? or any advice?

Thanks

I would take anyone that you are offered... then look for 'THE JOB', other then that choose a field that you enjoy, that way when you are working 120hrs a week you can enjoy it for a short time :)

If you want stability then look for one in the food industry, no mater what people have to eat.

When I worked in the paper/printing industry we were flexible, when times were good we printer premium labels, when times were tough we printed generic labels... but we still printed and worked :)

Where are you locating to (State/City)?
What sort of job would you like?

NSW/Sydney seems to be heading for recession, so if you are going there you should take any job offered, including at Macdonalds.

Western Australia and Queensland are still in a mining boom, so you can get a PLC, project management or product sales job easily, as long as you don't mind working in remote areas from time to time.

The other states are a bit of a mixed bag.

You should be able to get the job you want anywhere in Australia, but not instantly.