Cable bucket

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am not sure what the item is called but "cable bucket" is a good description. It is a bucket that the electrical cable for a hoist sits in. The bucket is situated at the hook end of the hoist.
As the hoist is raised the cable falls into the bucket and when lowered the cable comes back out of the bucket.
Anyone know the correct name?
Regards Alan

Can't say I have ever seen a "hoist cable bucket" as the excess cable of a hoist is usually wrapped around a drum.

But when ordering spare parts for a chain style hoist, the bucket that catches the excess chain is usually referred to as a "Hoist Chain Bucket"

alan we did a project for the states and the same terminoligy was used basically it's what we refer to as a "junction box"

TWControls said:
Can't say I have ever seen a "hoist cable bucket" as the excess cable of a hoist is usually wrapped around a drum.

But when ordering spare parts for a chain style hoist, the bucket that catches the excess chain is usually referred to as a "Hoist Chain Bucket"
Mines wrong too. I missed that he was talking about electrical cable and not crane cable. No wonder I was so confused on how he was planning to get the cable to lay in the bucket.

I have seen these electrical cable buckets before, however I have never seen one that worked properly

yes sorry that was an incorrect reply, guess i really shouldn't log on till after 7am and my first coffee ..... oops !