Panelview 1000 download

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
Replacing a panelview 1000 2711-T10C3 with the same model number. Keep getting error 2018 when I try to down load using DF1 point to point. I've checked my cable and it s fine, the error messsage said to turn off the printer port in the PV, however I can not. What am I doing wrong?

Your paneview is DH-485, not DF1 protocol... :unsure:

The RS-232 serial port is reserved for printer... you have to use RSlinx and DH-485 driver..

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Right, you have to use a 1747-PIC and its RSlinx driver to go online.
Also remember that in this network, you need to have a CPU or an AIC or a power supply connected to the other port of the PV for DH-485 to work.

fuzzy logic said:
Your paneview is DH-485, not DF1 protocol... :unsure:

The RS-232 serial port is reserved for printer... you have to use RSlinx and DH-485 driver..

Not true, the printer port by default is set to DF1 protocol.
Go to the configuration screen and check its configuration. If configured for printer then disable the printer.
Set Rslinx for DF1 and use a straight thru cable.

Sorry Mickey, not to really start trouble with you...🍻

The 2711-xxx3 Panelview haven't this possibility:

From Visualization Platform selection Guide, page 64:

Terminals with DH-485 communications require application file uploads/downloads through the communication port. The RS-232 printer port on these terminals is for printing only.

:p

Sorry cornbread, maybe I was not clear... you HAVE to use the DH-485 port (RJ45) using an interface like 1747-PIC - 1747-UIC, leaving the PV connected on a valid DH-485 network. :cool:

Here is what I've done, I have my PLC set up as follows, Channel 0 is DF1 Full duplex and Channel 1 is DH485. The PV is connected to channel 1 via the proper cables. Should I not be able to see the PV by going thru channel 0?

I have found discordant documents on it... o_O

Although I was remembering that this pass-through is not possible, seems that it is possible, setting some SLC bits.

S:34/6 should be 0
S:34/5 should be 1
RSLinx driver is RS-232 DF1 and inside its configuration, device should be 1770-KF3/1747-KE (don't use Autoconfigure !)

You may try, I really don't know if it will work ?!

Otherwise, you have to connect directly to PV, like my previous post explanation.

fuzzy logic said:
Sorry Mickey, not to really start trouble with you...🍻

The 2711-xxx3 Panelview haven't this possibility:

From Visualization Platform selection Guide, page 64:

Terminals with DH-485 communications require application file uploads/downloads through the communication port. The RS-232 printer port on these terminals is for printing only.

:p

Right you are. My bad. Sorry for any confusion.