Configuring Flex i\o??

RPax

Hi, I'am just trying to configure a Profibus 1794-AP Flex I\O Slave Module. On the slave there is only 1 1794-IE8 analog card. I have attached a screen shot (prof_slave_config) of my configuration and was just wondering if this is correct?

The Slave seems to communicate with my PLC (Controllogix) as I can see data from the slave (See screenshot prof_slave_config3 but data values are jumping around???, Is it because I have nothing wired to the card)coming back. However, when I put 4-20mA on the card all that the PLC reads is 0.

Just wondering is this correct or do i need to change something. Appreciate any help or advice on this. Thanks - Rpax

Ok, and also do you have configured output word 0 of the module (PLC write to it) in order to setup the channel operation?
All zeroes mean module off...

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Hi Fuzzy, thanks for your reply. In my PLC Code, I've written to the Output value for the card on the Profibus Module. So to configure as 4-20mA, i've written a value of FF Hex to the high byte (Byte 3 in my Screenshot) and 00 Hex to the other Output byte (Byte 2 in my Screenshot).

When I did this I then got the return data to my PLC although this data was constantly changing which has me confused?. I haven't wired anything to the card yet but when I put in a signal of 4-20mA only a 0 value was returned. Does the above sound normal???. Again thanks for your suggestions.