ML1100 & Labview

junior

Anybody know if there are any good tutorials on how to integrate labview & ML1100? I'd like to setup a Labview HMI that will send some real variables & bits that user inputs into a labview interface to the ML1100. I've read around that you can use OPC. Also, to be able to do this, do you need to upgrade RSLinx from classic to pro?

Jr.

I am not an AB expert but as far as I google ML1100 it is a PLC by AB.
I had a project in which I connected Siemens PLCs to Labview. I used Kepware OPC Server (I am sure it supports AB PLCs too they have a very good support you can talk to them). Labview can connect in to OPCs through Datasockets. I know that Labview has an OPC Server itself but I am not sure if its OPC Server can talk to PLCs

Hope this Help

junior, You have to use RSLinx as OPC server.

RSLinx Classic is already an OPC server if it is activated by a licence (have a look to the top bar when RSLinx is open, if you see RSLinx Lite, then you haven't a valid activation)
Otherwise you have to buy RSLinx Classic OEM.

You have to configure a topic inside it, linked to the PLC you have.

Here a manual with some instructions: LINK

Hope this helps... :cool:

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

I have RSLinx Classic Lite V2.52 installed. When I run it, I have a DDE/OPC in the menu, & I can configure a topic. Does this mean the OPC server is running, or do I still need to get the OEM version of RSLinx?

That's strange...o_O
Inside RSLinx, in its title bar what is displayed ?
RSLinx Lite ? Or another name ?

If you have RSViewStudio (or FactoryTalk View Studio as well) installed on this PC, RSLinx may have been activated as RSLinx for RSView, but in that case the server is available only for that softwares.

You NEED to have an activation in order to use the DDE/OPC connection. :cry:

fuzzy logic said:
That's strange...o_O
Inside RSLinx, in its title bar what is displayed ?
RSLinx Lite ? Or another name ?

If you have RSViewStudio (or FactoryTalk View Studio as well) installed on this PC, RSLinx may have been activated as RSLinx for RSView, but in that case the server is available only for that softwares.

You NEED to have an activation in order to use the DDE/OPC connection. :cry:

It says, RSLinx Classic Lite-[RSWho-1]. I don't have RSView installed or RSLinx enterprise. I can go in an configure a OPC topic with no problem. Perhaps the lite version let's you configure OPC topics but won't run the OPC server?

junior said:
It says, RSLinx Classic Lite-[RSWho-1]. I don't have RSView installed or RSLinx enterprise. I can go in an configure a OPC topic with no problem. Perhaps the lite version let's you configure OPC topics but won't run the OPC server?

See PDF below, fuzzy is right.

junior, if you have the NI OPC server (assuming that this is able to get datas from Rockwell PLC) you don't need to use RSLinx at all.