Connecting a string (in array) in WInCC Flex, problem

userxyz

I have 1 TAG for a column.

An array of 500 values

But for some reason it doesn't work anymore, maybe because I try todo the same with an array of strings ?

dqsfsd.jpg

adddfdjk.jpg

Anyone knows the reason for this ?

I think the reason is because it is a string

Anyone who can confirm this...

If so, then this means that I will have just one tag for an array of DINT or INT but will have a lot of tags for strings...

I don't like that

Do you have an array of 500 strings, each with 22 bytes ?
That is 10 kB. What update time have you set for this huge array tag ? Remember that an array tag is updated in one chunk, both for reading and writing.
I think that maybe you have hit a limit. Try to use a smaller array, just as an experiment.

tried

I tried with arrays of 200.

The strings don't work, the DINT, REAL, INT, all works

JesperMP said:
Do you have an array of 500 strings, each with 22 bytes ?
That is 10 kB. What update time have you set for this huge array tag ? Remember that an array tag is updated in one chunk, both for reading and writing.
I think that maybe you have hit a limit. Try to use a smaller array, just as an experiment.

array tags

even 10 doesn't work, I have the impression that I have to link each array index separated, problem is: lot's of tags then

Combo said:
I tried with arrays of 200.

The strings don't work, the DINT, REAL, INT, all works

Hang on.

edit: Looking closer, the second screenshot does not show the PLC variables configured as tags.
In other words, that second screenshot does not tell us anything about what you have done.

Not that it explains anything, but at least you must provide the correct information on how you have setup your project..

Last edited:
One important detail:

String tags cannot be array tags !

Please provide a screenshot of both the array tag in question, and the screen i/o field's link to that variable.

hmm

This is how I configure in S7

hmm.jpg

Does this screenshot helps ?

JesperMP said:
Hang on.

edit: Looking closer, the second screenshot does not show the PLC variables configured as tags.
In other words, that second screenshot does not tell us anything about what you have done.

Not that it explains anything, but at least you must provide the correct information on how you have setup your project..

hmm

I think that is what I'm seeing now,

I think I will change things so that I don't need strings in my table anymore.

For INT, DINT, etc... I can make 1 ARRAY tag / columb, but if this doesn't work for strings, then I will need to change things to avoid strings in the table

JesperMP said:
One important detail:

String tags cannot be aray tags !

Please provide a screenshot of both the array tag in question, and the screen i/o field's link to that variable.

I think I get it now.

I thought the problem was that you had it configued, but it didnt work at runtime - because you wrote "it doesn't work anymore" (the "work" implies that it was at runtime, and the "doesn't work anymore" implies that it did work before).

But the problem is that you want to configure the tags as one string array tag. It simply not possible.
You can connect a normal string tag to a PLC string variable in an array no problem.

:)

I really have to do my best to explain it well in english, I'm sorry for that :)

Yeah, I was trying to do the whole concept with only 128 tags. But when making a table, then each colum may contain 1 tag (array). Not 100 tags or more / column, or my tags are gone in no time.

So, the strings problem, I will solve that one by using DINT instead of strings...

thanks a lot.

PS, I still have 1 problem. Check latest post. Again with an array, I'm not familiar with arrays, that's clear I think :)
JesperMP said:
I think I get it now.

I thought the problem was that you had it configued, but it didnt work at runtime - because you wrote "it doesn't work anymore" (the "work" implies that it was at runtime, and the "doesn't work anymore" implies that it did work before).

But the problem is that you want to configure the tags as one string array tag. It simply not possible.
You can connect a normal string tag to a PLC string variable in an array no problem.