GX developer and Vista Problems

keithv69

K
Hi ALL
Just Purchased a new laptop with vista preloaded also got GX developer version 8.45 which is supossed to run perfectly on vista so my supplier said . I can get online with an A1S-CPU but after about 30 seconds to sometimes 5 minutes Vista will just dump and do a restart (FATAL ERROR) can any body shed any light or is it that GX developer is not ready for Vista may be a few more bugs to sort out!! Im am also running RS Logix and i have turned off all the drivers in linx as i understand can create some problems with the ports. And also i have all the correct cables and serial to usb adaptors available.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards Keith

keithv69 said:
Hi ALL
Just Purchased a new laptop with vista preloaded also got GX developer version 8.45 which is supossed to run perfectly on vista so my supplier said . I can get online with an A1S-CPU but after about 30 seconds to sometimes 5 minutes Vista will just dump and do a restart (FATAL ERROR) can any body shed any light or is it that GX developer is not ready for Vista may be a few more bugs to sort out!! Im am also running RS Logix and i have turned off all the drivers in linx as i understand can create some problems with the ports. And also i have all the correct cables and serial to usb adaptors available.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards Keith

I cant answer your question specifically but i wouldnt touch Vista with a for an automation development platform, we order all our Dell laptops and SCADA PC's with an XP downgrade (some would argue this is an upgrade)

Have you got the option to run XP Pro ?

Yeah I have a xp disc ready to go but i thought if i could get some answers i could possibly avoid it thanks for your reply
Regards Keith

I dont know if GX will run on Vista but a quick call to Mitsi would tell you the definitive answer.

If you have the XP disc and license at hand just go for it, there is no reason not too as far as i can see.

Yeah i will contact mitsi tommorrow and will post the results and take it from there.
Cheers
Regards Keith