Total Seconds to Minutes:Seconds

afish

Hi All,

I have a SLC 500 & RSView 32 project that exports reports to Excel 2003. A portion of the report has a column with "total seconds" that grab the .ACC values out of specific timers in the PLC.

I would like to display the "total seconds" as mm:ss in the report. I don’t really care where the conversion takes place, either in the PLC or Excel.

I realize I can just divide the total seconds by 60 & that will give me the accurate "minutes". But then I am left with a fraction after the decimal point that I don’t know how to convert. I guess I should say, I don’t know how to separate the whole number from the fraction after the decimal point.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

afish

In your workbook formula, use:

=INT(TimerACC/60).....to get the whole portion (minutes) without the fraction. INT function rounds the value to the nearest whole number
=MOD(A1,60).....to get the remaining seconds. MOD finds the modulus

To get the whole thing formatted as you'd like:
=CONCATENATE(INT(A1/60),":",MOD(A1,60))

EDIT: more stuff needed to pad with zeros when applicable...
EDIT:

How about this:
=CONCATENATE(INT(A1/60),":",RIGHT(CONCATENATE("0",MOD(A1,60),),2))

And substitute your PLC address or cell reference for A1 in both places...

Last edited:
Also another manner, done in RSView32

Numeric display is for MM, the expression will be:
(Timer % 3600)/60
Field Length = 2
Decimal Place = 0

Numeric display is for SS, the expression will be:
Timer % 60
Field Length = 2
Decimal Place = 0

"Timer%60", returns the remainder of Timer divided by 60

:geek:

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Thanks for the quick replys,

OkiePc, I tried to substitute the PLC address for A1 but it didnt seem to work.
This is what I ended up with.

=(RSLINX|FPRL_RETORT1.2!'T11:15.ACC,L1,C1'/60),":",MOD(RSLINX|FPRL_RETORT1.2!'T11:15.ACC,L1,C1',60)

My original address is

=(RSLINX|FPRL_RETORT1.2!'T11:15.ACC,L1,C1'

Am I doing somthing wrong?

I just figured out what I did wrong. Thanks OkiePc, worked like a champ once I got the address corrected.

Thanks again,
afish

fuzzy logic said:
Also another manner, done in RSView32

Numeric display is for MM, the expression will be:
(Timer % 3600)/60
Field Length = 2
Decimal Place = 0

Numeric display is for SS, the expression will be:
Timer % 60
Field Length = 2
Decimal Place = 0

"Timer%60", returns the remainder of Timer divided by 60

:geek:

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Ok I have done this in RSView 32 and it works great as you explained. Is there a way to do this in RSLogix 5000 without having to do it in the HMI? I don't think RSView ME has the MOD function.

I think I just answered my question. There is a MOD instruction in RSLogix 5000. Guess it will do what I am trying to do. However it sometimes makes me anxious when doing all this math in the processor because you risk causing a fault if you are not careful, which I have done on a few occasions in the past.

Last edited: