monitoring multiple rslinx opc/dde nodes in rsview32

dereks

I am trying to monitor coms from multiple rslinx opc/dde nodes in rsview32. I have tried different ways to accomplish this, to no avail. I assume it should be possible, since linx is also a rockwell product and you can visually monitor nodes in linx (rswho). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

RSView32 can be connected to multiple OPC/DDE server, unless you have RSLinx Lite (no OPC support) or RSLinx Single Node (only one node :cool: ).

You may check for the RSLinx Activation you have looking at the title bar, when RSLinx is opened.

When you say you cannot get this work, what do you exactly mean ?
Did you get errors?
Also could be useful to know the software version you use, the network and the PLCs connected to it.

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

To what types of devices are you connecting? PLC/SLC/Logix?
And what I/O Server?
RSLinx supports several predefined internal status items that can examine each topic for info about the attached processor.
For Logix, I know it supports an "@IsPresent" item, but I don't remember if that works with PLC/SLC. Can try it I guess.

Check the help in RSLinx (if using that). Search for "Predefined"

thanks for the help, i'm playimg with the "@IsPressent" thing right now i also found a "Comm_Err('Tag')" That seems to do the trick.