PanelView Ethernet Network

drietveld

I'm trying to figure out whether or not I can access my panelview screens directly through the ethernet card on our PLC. Using Control logix 1756-ENBT/A card and a PanelView Plus 1250. Is there something special that I need to do in Linx? the PLC? or can i only hook up to them directly from computer to Panel?

You communicate with PV+ terminals via RSLinx Enterprise, which is part of FactoryTalk View Studio ME/RSView Studio ME software packages. You will need one of these software packages in order to be able to do anything with the application on the terminal.

Another important thing is the firmware revision of the terminal. If it is 5.0, you will need Factory Talk View Studio. If it is 4.0 or below, you will need RSView Studio ME. Also, if it is 4.0 or below, you will not be able to modify the file that resides in the terminal, you will need the original project (.APA file extension).

If the application is in 5.0, you can restore the file (.mer) in the terminal as long as the person that compiled it allowed it to be restored.

Clear as mud?

Need more clarification on comms layout. PLC and PV+ are on separate networks? How are they communicating to each other?

I guess you have one Ethernet network for PC to connect to ControlLogix and another Ethernet network with another Ethernet card in same chassis to connect to PVP. :geek:

If this is your case, than answer is YES: you can connect to a PVP bridging between two Ethernet Card in order to upload/download apps.

You have to use RSLinx Enterprise, that is part of RSView/FactoryTalk View Studio as dmroeder wrote.

Be aware that you have to manually add the PVP under the remote Ethernet card in RSlinx Enterprise local configuration.

Here a screenshot of an example:

EthernetExample.JPG

RSLinx Classic is not needed in order to do the above communication.

Hope this helps.... :cool:

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Awesome, Thanks for the help guys. Got it all figured out now. Fuzzy was right, PC connected to PLC and then several PVP's connected to the PLC thru another slot in the chassis. I kinda worded that funny, but I was just "testing" you all to see if you knew what i was talking about. You passed.
<_< ::shifty eyes:: >_>