CompactLogix L31

marlenism

Hello,

I have to do some modifications to a CompactLogix PLC that is online, and it cannot be stopped. I would like to add new routines to organize the new logic, but it is the first time I work with this PLc, is it possible to add new routines to one Task Online?

Thanks for your response

MBMC

Of course ! With RSlogix 5000 you may add Tasks, Programs, Routine and Tags while Online and in Run Mode.
Remember to call the new routine with JSR instruction to let it operate.

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Alaric said:
If there is any way at all that you can upgrade it to V17 then you can also modify UDTs online.

Nice! I was not aware...

OP: I believe all Logix controllers allow online edits, it's the software package that will prevent it. There is a software package called RSLogix 5000 Mini that will not allow you to make online edits. There may be other versions, that is the only one that I'm familiar with.

Sorry but, unless I'm having a brain lock today (always possible :confused: , The MINI edition has Full Ladder funtionality.

The version that can't do edits online is the SERVICE.

Here a link to the selection guide, page 59.

LINK

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

The RSLogix Emulate 5000 software mentioned in the LINK is in the same installation CD of the RSLogix5000 Porfessional or it comes in a different CD?
Thanks
MBMC