1747-SN & 3 scales

Terry Boblitt

Working on a project where I need to link 3 Rice Lake 520 scales to a 5/03.The scale units are designed to do AB remote I/O by setting dip switches.Starting simple I would just like to be able to view (in the program) what ever the scale indicator is showing. I looked over the 1747-SN manual and I don't quite under stand 1/2 rack-1/4 rack full rack? Any advice to get me started on the right foot will be appreciated.
Terry

I'm not familiar with the 520i indicator but if its similar to the 92I indicator you can get optional cards in this case an analog output card. Its too bad you want to go to a single 503 as you can transmit via ascii from the indicators I usually use the ascii from the indicator constant transmit CR LF on all my indicators with the exception of the one hooked up to the 920I indicator. Not sure on the rack thing so I will refrain from my immediate assumption that being the available room left on the 503 backplane

The rack size is the amount of I/O information being passed between the scanner (SN card) and the adapter (scale card). The scale card should specify what rack size each should be set at.

I appreciate all the help. Finally found out what I needed to know. The scales use 2 words. 1st word is the scale weigh data. To see a -scale weight you have to multiply the input data by -1.0 when bit 4 of the 2nd input word goes high.

Thanks to all

Terry Boblitt said:
I appreciate all the help. Finally found out what I needed to know. The scales use 2 words. 1st word is the scale weigh data. To see a -scale weight you have to multiply the input data by -1.0 when bit 4 of the 2nd input word goes high.

Thanks to all

1747-SN with 5 scales on RIO

sn_scales.jpg