rslogix500 to excel

randyk

I'm trying to load RSLogix500 data(I/O, bits, timers, etc.)into excel, don't seem to be using the right keywords though(excel, edit, rslogix500) on the search for info. I have never tried to do this so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Randy

Thanks guys, have'nt had a chance to look at this another project of more importance came up, will let you know what I come up with.

Are you trying to read values from PLC memory into Excel?

Or are you trying to import register values from an offline .RSS file into Excel?

There is no easy way to do it (by easy I mean a few mouse clicks), but there is a way. Its more tedious than difficult. Export the program to a library file. File->Save As -> File Type .SLC. Now open the .SLC file using notepad or word pad. You will be able to see all of the data files and their values. You can then edit/cut/paste to make a .CSV file that you can open in Excel.