Confusion on PV+ 1000

boiler-todd

I have two panel view 1000+ HMI's that are tied to a robot pick and place into a slotted tote. Both PV+'s show the same data a one is the Master screen and the other is a remote unit. Both work over ethernet to a 505 processor via the same switch.

Here is what happens... When the Robot places a pick in the tote the visual grid of the tote changes that location from yeloo to green to show full and then updates the tote count by the number in the pick. 75-80 parts depending on the stack.

Here is what's happening... The remote unit takes over 1 minute to refresh data. Sometimes we have to toggle between screens to get it to change data. The master HMI gives us data realtime as the pick gets completed. Any reason why this delay would happen. This wasn't like this originally, I believe.

Any input would be appreciated. Todd

From your description, it sounds like the Ethernet connection to the remote-mounted PV+ terminal has degraded.

If you have a managed Ethernet switch you can query that to determine if there are noise problems on that link. You can also read the Diagnostic counters from the SLC-5/05 using RSLinx Classic or by directing a web browser to its IP address.

Do you have access to the FactoryTalk View Studio software that is used to edit the PV+ terminal applications ? You might use that to build a test application, or to add a diagnostic display with the Predefined Items from RSLinx Enterprise that give you information about the PV+ Ethernet performance.

How long is that Ethernet cable to the remote unit ?

Yeah I would load a simple app, 1 screen with 1 numerical indicator, see what happens.

I would replace or try to test the cables also.