Importing Code Rungs in Rslogix5000

RPax

Hi, I'am not used to RSlogix5000 so not sure if this is a dumb question. Is there an easy way of creating the tag names when i copy and paste sections of code from one program to the other. I suppose what I'am asking is whether the Tags are automatically created when I copy in a rung?

As at the moment, I have two programs and I want to add a couple of sections of one into the other. I don't want to import all the tags in one go as with RSLogix500 as I will overwrite data on similiar tag names on the program that I am importing to. Am I facing having to enter tag names One by One after I copy in the new tag? Appreciate any advice. Thanks - Rpax

Yes, you can copy tags from one program to the other, please take into acount that if you want to copy tags from one programn to another, please verify first that your tags are standard and not based on UDTs, if they are based on UDTs is better first to copy UDTS and then copy tags.
After you copy your tags then you can copy your routines, you can try to copy your routines without copying tags but you have to create tags manually and if they are based on udts, you have to create your UDTs, that´s the reason i told you to copy tags and UDTs first.

Either you are using RS5000 v17 or you plan to use it (or better you have the possibility to use it in your project), you may use the new Partial Import/Export functionality.

From RELEASE NOTES:
Program and Routine Partial Import/Export
Version 17 of RSLogix 5000 software extends its capability to import and export project components to also include programs, routines, and equipment phases. These components are imported from and exported to an Extensible Markup Language (XML) file with a .L5X file extension. These text files can be manipulated or created by other tools, allowing the user to create libraries of code to facilitate code reuse.

Have a look to this video in order to understand how this functionality can help you on what you need:

VIDEO LINK

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic

[/font]