WinCC V6.2 +SP2 Cannot Access the Database. Please check Access rights

Hi Guys,

Just installed WinCC V6.2 +SP2 on my laptop to make some modifications to an existing project.

When I attempt to open the file I the error " the configured server is not running. Check the name of the server"

Usually from here I would then change this to match my workstation name and restart WinCC and off you go but now i am confronted with the error. "The ****\***.mcp could not be loaded"

I have tried to create a new project and the error i get is "Microsoft SQL Server cannot access the database. Please check access rights"

Has anyone encountered this?

NB: I am administrator and a member of the Simatic HMI user group.

Thanks

Hi friends,

I got the same problem. Just installed WinCC V6.2 +SP2 on my laptop and when I try to create a new project, I recieve this error:

"Microsoft SQL Server cannot access the database. Please check access rights"

I am administrator and a member of the Simatic HMI user group.

Thanks

There is a service that starts up with windows. Ive got vista and security set to ask before running most software. When I start windows i get a prompt that a server service from wincc wants to start. If i dont allow this service to start i get the same error as mentioned above. I will try to find the name of the service then you must check if this service is running before you start wincc