EZ TOUCH bmps out

Orn Jonsson

Hi there,
I am putting together a user manual for a client of mine and would like to include in it some pictures of the MMI touch screens that are associated with the project. I am using Automation Direct's EZ TOUCH.
Any ideas on how to; export, copy or otherwise get an image of the screen from the programming software into a file i.e. bmp, jpeg etc. that I can then use in MS WORD or Pagemaker............

Thanks,

Orn

Last edited:
You probably already know this and are looking for an easier method, if so, please ignore, but just in case:

If you hit the Alt + printscreen button to copy the image to the clipboard, then you can hit Cntrl+V to copy the screen shot to paint shop pro. There you can crop the image, expand it, and add text and save the image as a .bmp to be imported into your OIT panel.

I agree with ganutenator's method as being the easiest, but you don't need a fancy editor like Paint Shop, Photoshop, etc... MS Paint works fine for simple stuff like this. Just select the portion you need and copy/paste.

As far as converting the bitmap to another format (jpg, gif, etc.), get yourself a copy of IfranView. In my opinion, this is the best damned image viewer/converter out there. And it's free!!

http://www.irfanview.com

I found this program a while back, and can't live without it now..

-Eric