How do i pass object name from screen to screen in cimplicity?

briana banks

Hi All

I want to Send public variable (object name i.e. $OBJECT) value from one screen to another when using the 'open screen' method.

I used the {$OBJECT} but its not working.
how can i do that?

Thanks.

Hi Brianna,

If you go to the GE Fanuc forums site there is a good Cimplicity HMI forum there, where this has been answered. The site is nowhere as popular as plcs.net but there are some good people on there

Cheers

Hi

I've found a small script thats do this job.
i thought there is a way of doing this without script...

yet i have a much more novice question...
how do i force the screen to be opened full screen mode
when i run the screen and locked so pressing esc button wont resize the screen.

Thanx

cimview.exe /nomenutitle c:\cimplicity\projects\proj\screename.cim​
more options:​
/alwaysmaximized​
/geometry <width>x<height><±xoff><±yoff>

/keypad

/noexit​
/noopen​
/noresize
/wait
/waitforproject <name>​
/zoomtobestfit
Good Luck!

When you set up the proceedure to "open Screen", you will see "variable" button. When you press this, you can add variable name and value to screen that you are opening. Be sure to follow example in help. You have to use "object" name preceeding variable. This works for 5.5 and above.