PanelView Plus 700 compact flash corrupted

pdk2008

I have a PanelView Plus 700 with a 2711P-RW2, Ser. E, 128MB flash card. Today I have an error message as follows, "Fatal Error. The internal Compact Flash card is corrupted or a license violation has occured. Please correct to make the terinal uable." I did find a product service advisory from Nov. 2005 stating that a corruption problem does exist with these cards, but the exchange date ended Jan. 31, 2006. My equipment was installed March, 2006.
After contacting my AB rep. I found that a new card from AB is $401. I'm wondering if there is a way to use a standard flash card and possibly program it myself. This HMI is not absolutely necessary, but nice to have available.

The flash card has more than one operating system on it. It has windows CE as well as a linex partition and it is very difficult to duplicate. The older flash cards will die if the power is lost while writing is taken place. The newer ones will finish writing. When I called my local AB Rep and told them we were having issues they sent me 10 cards free of chargs.

Good Luck
Bob

If I understand your Q.your talking about a compact flash card .
Truth be known I use a scandisk pc card adapter with a 1 gb campactflash card .Its faster file transfer for starters and a fraction of the cost. I hope this doesnt get me in trouble or upset anyone

The OP was asking about the CF card that is used as the "hard drive" of the PanelView Plus 700-1500 terminals. This, as pointed out earlier, contains several partitions including the compressed Windows CE OS and runtime software.

While you can use a generic CF card in the external StorageCard2 slot, it won't do any good for the internal card unless he already had an image file of the main card to copy over to it.

Local RA offices have wide latitude in dealing with situations like the OPs. Give them a call.