Tagnames

thompson7716

I have configured a rs logics 5000 chassis with several IO cards. I haven't messed with this stuff in about 5 yrs. Could someone please let me know how to add tag names to the real world I.O. on the daatabase screen

Pick a scope (Controller-Global or Task).
Open up the tags for that scope.
Pick the "Edit" tab.
Scroll to the bottom, type in a name.
Tab over to the "Alias For" box, and select the physical I/O to attach it to. The type should automagically fill in.

I just create the tags from the logic editor as I need them, or create them in Excel, and import them to Logix, but only if I really know what I've got :)

Hi, you have to use Aliasing function.
Go in controller Tags, edit tab, create a new tag (i.e. a tag named "dummy") and drill down the "Alias for" field: then you can select a real IO address to alias.
Attached a screenshot with an example.

Hope this helps.
- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

I like to use Ctrl+W to bring up the new tag window. Give the tag a name and description. Then like others said, you must alias to link your tag to the real input.

One nice thing that you can do with tag names is make them descriptive enough so that if people come along and upload (no documentation), they can somewhat understand what is going on.