HMI station unavailable on profibus

tonny

Hi all,

A HMI station (tp 270 10 touch)(slave) is unavailable on my profibus connection. A s7 315-2dp is the master.

In netpro its got profibus dp adress "3".
In the HMI station also adress 3, and i switch "panel is the only master on the bus" OFF.
The resistor is on, because its the last one on profibus.

In the hardware config, I inserted the hmi station and added the module. I also can connect with the slave.

now, when i`m downloading the plc gives a busfailure and a system failure. Online in the HW-config, the HMI is not available.

what could be the problem here?

greetz
Tonny

Hi again Tonny.

It is abnormal to insert a HMI panel in the HW config of a S7 PLC. That would make the HMI panel a DP slave, and I think this is not what you want.
The normal is to setup the HMI panel as a master. All you have to do is to integrate the HMI project in the same STEP7 project as the S7 PLC. Then in Protool/WinCC Flex you specify the online connection by selecting the network (Profibus) and the CPU (the 315-2DP) by pointing it out.

I think that your PLC goes into fault because the panel does not respond as the DP slave the PLC expects to, and you havent added the error OBs to avoid the CPU from stopping.
If you are in doubt, you can investigate the diagnostics buffer to get exact information why the 315-2DP goes into stop.

tonny said:
Hi all,

A HMI station (tp 270 10 touch)(slave) is unavailable on my profibus connection. A s7 315-2dp is the master.

In netpro its got profibus dp adress "3".
In the HMI station also adress 3, and i switch "panel is the only master on the bus" OFF.
The resistor is on, because its the last one on profibus.

In the hardware config, I inserted the hmi station and added the module. I also can connect with the slave.

now, when i`m downloading the plc gives a busfailure and a system failure. Online in the HW-config, the HMI is not available.

what could be the problem here?

greetz
Tonny
You should uncheck the "Panel is the only master on the bus" settings.
Have you done an initial download to the panel? OR this is something new never worked for you?
Initiate a "Transfer" for your application and also set the comms through the HMIs control panel. Have you done tthat? Regardless of your application settings, you still have to set up the panel using the panel itself for its comms.
I also agree with Jesper, we do not insert HMIs in the hardware setup.

Thanks all,

This is the first time with wincc flexible and a touchpanel.

I integrated the touchpanel into the s7 project.
How do I need to communicate now with the other master?

Does the touchpanel search automaticly into the DB`s of the other master, similar to his tags?

Also, I unchecked "panel is the only master on the bus."

greetz
Tonny

The MPI/DP interface must be set to Profibus master and connected to the same eprofibus network as the S7 PLC. You do this in the HW Config of the panel (not sure if it is simply possible to do it from inside flex, I always set it up in HW Config).
Then, in Flex you do not specify the station adress etc. manually, in stead at Station you browse for and select the 315-2DP CPU.

When this is done, you can browse for symbols (I, Q and Merker adresses) and DB adresses when creating tags.