OMRON PLC Help

yoursalmann

Hardware:

CS1G-44H CPU (With memory card)Omron

NS10 PT (with memory card)Omron

CS1W-SCB41 board, (RS232/422 used).

CS1W-MAD44 (Analogue I/O)

Problems:

Task . PT showing “connecting” message on the right down corner.

(According to V083-E1 page 3-9 this happens when PT is connected using communications conditions other than the set conditions)

Present settings:

Plc settings:

Host link port: communication settings

(Standard 9600)Mode: host link

Peripheral port: communication settings

PT settings:

Should be (serial PortA: PLC; protocol:NT link (1:N))

baud rate: standarrd

Solution: kindly guide me are these correct solutions??

As the system was working ok before removing plc memory card so the solution could be:

a).

This means no change could happen to communication settings in PT (please note memory card is present).

so should I change (see below)

Host link port settings as below and transfer it to (plc? Or memory card?) :

new Changed settings?:

1. Host link port: communication settings

(Baud rate as per PT settings)Mode: NT link (1:N)

(PT setting check as per V083-E1 page 6-7 and 6-35,4-20)

W394E106 page 284 for plc

any other suggestion????/

there is possibly a fault on the communications port for the serial port change a526 to 1 when that port resets it will change back to zero on the Cs1w processor if you can access the PLC via the peripheral port then you will not need to reset that one also make sure your dip swithces are in the correct position

I've been trying to find the port reset bit for the peripheral for this model but been having difficulty remembering where it was in the manual when I do find it I'll post it here or hopefully someone else may know offhand what it is. I usually add it onto my startup rung so any time someone presses the start button it performs the reset but I've never bothered for the peripheral port (more reliable)

OK the word address a526 does both ports the bit address specifies which one a52600 is the communication port a52601 is the peripheral port its in appendix c page 477 publicationw393-e1-03 for more info

Omron help

CS1W-SCB41-V1 board, (RS232/422 used).

Plc settings:

PT settings:

Note:Network type toolbus
(Driver settings Baud rate auto detect is on)

DIP settings:
only pin2: on
and pin3: on
all other:: off

Task . PT showing “connecting” message on the right down corner.

(According to V083-E1 page 3-9 this happens when
PT is connected using communications conditions other than the set conditions)

does this means that:
due to CS1W-SCB41-V1 board and auto detect on baud rates are not same???

One question if these are hooked up via the peripheral port and you can link up to that port via your laptop then you are in host link mode the NT: link is not active. Lift the cover of the brown name plate under that plate is 8 dip switches switch the dip switch assigned to the peripheral port this will place the peripheral into software controlled configuration whichever you are specifying in your application

hi

i told u it system was working all right but when i removed the memory card(which was used to upload program to plc in case of power failure) frm PLC then this occured.

i think it looks like that as i said it may be
due to as i m using CS1W-SCB41-V1 board and auto detect baud rate is on
sp may be its trying to connect board with 115K instead of 9600bps

wht do u think

sorry i forgot to mention that

dip# on/off

1 off
2. on
3. on
4 off
5. off
6. off
7. off
8 off

CS1W-SCB41-V1 board, (port 2 used).

settings:

PT settings:

Note in PLC:Network type is toolbus
(Driver settings Baud rate auto detect is on)

I'm not too familiar with all the ins and outs of Omron yet from what you described everything looks correct. Are you using an NS-al002 adaptor on your PT? . I've hada similar message to an NS12 to a CJ1m processor and found that the adaptor was faulty. The only other situation I've run across with a similar message was due to the memory card not transferring all the files correctly from the original (the engineer that loaded wasn't aware that certain sections needed to be loaded seperately). Other than that I would suggest contacting Omron tech support. However like I stated earlier I'm still learning Omron soft/hardware

I believe your host link port should be set to NT link 1:n. The PLC has to be set up with at least 2 NT links also. I use these all the time and was commisioning 3 systems today. I normally use NT link high spedd for both the NT screen and the PLC. Works fine every time.