Interbus

jacokapp

I need to make an interbus host controler work on a siemens s7-300 plc.It is a s7-300 dsc-t card on th s7 315 2dp plc rack.I tried to use the phoenix contact web sites exaple or quick start documentation but it doesnt work.I get the bus up but cannot get the card in the hardware setup to work.PLEEEEEZ help

Some hints

It is not the easy job you are up to, but it can be done. I have made 2 jobs with the card for the S7-400 system and the job is the same for the S7-300.

In the Step7 hardware configuration the card has to be set up as a FM 353 for Step Motor card and use the address from the position of the card. (Look at page 6 in the data sheet and you can see the address is depending where the card is placed in the system)

The controller board occupies 16 byte inputs and 16 byte outputs in the analog PLC area, starting from the base address. The INTERBUS standard registers are also located in this area. (Look in the user manual to se data in the standard address.

When you use the IBS CMD SWT G4 software for the setup of the Interbus system, remember:
* Same address as in the Step7 software (address from where the card is placed.
* Let the software read in the Interbus stations – Remember power on all stations and address set. (Easy to do so and less fault).
* Check the configuration in the IBS software to see that all station is read in correct. Remember that the data address for stations is NOT equal to the data address in Step7. You have make a Xref for the data in the IBS software to see where the data is placed in the Step7 data!!!

Take a look in the Step7 examples that follows the IBS software, and you can see how it is working

Do you have the following manuals? If not download them and use then.
IBS S7 300 DSC-T - Data Sheet 5770B

IBS S7 300 DSC-T - User Manual

IBS S7 300 DSC-T - Quick Start Guide

I will try to find my project where I have used the card, and give you some hints tomorrow.

Basicaly what i have done is set the base address to 256 (card on slot 4)Also set the IBS add to 256.how do i do a cross -refferance in IBS?

Why would my Interbus card not show healthy in the hardware setup of S7 (the bus is healthy)

Thanx for the reply