TP170A Programs.

Tharon

I have a few TP170A touch panels from Siemens around the shop. I only have an original program copy of a few, and the rest I only have Prosave backups. You cannot upload a workable copy of the program from a TP170A, you can only upload backups.

Our distributor has told us that the TP170A is becoming obsolete. They don't sell them new, and what stock they have are for repair/replacement. This isn't a problem now (we have replacements and can get them repaired), but it will be in the future.

They also said that a 170 program backup wouldn't work on the new models. I dread the idea of having to recreate all of our programs for the next line (TP177 I think they said). Without a copy of the original it will make it that much more tedious.

Is there anyway, maybe through third party software, to covert a prosave backup file into a workable project? I know it's a long shot, but it's worth at least asking.

Tharon said:
I have a few TP170A touch panels from Siemens around the shop. I only have an original program copy of a few, and the rest I only have Prosave backups. You cannot upload a workable copy of the program from a TP170A, you can only upload backups.

Our distributor has told us that the TP170A is becoming obsolete. They don't sell them new, and what stock they have are for repair/replacement. This isn't a problem now (we have replacements and can get them repaired), but it will be in the future.

They also said that a 170 program backup wouldn't work on the new models. I dread the idea of having to recreate all of our programs for the next line (TP177 I think they said). Without a copy of the original it will make it that much more tedious.

Is there anyway, maybe through third party software, to covert a prosave backup file into a workable project? I know it's a long shot, but it's worth at least asking.
As far as I know, Prosave will allow you to upload an application (runtime only) from an HMI and allow you to download to a matching new hMI.
As far as theird party that will convert your runtime to a Pro-Tool or winCC project, I'm not aware of.
I don't think anything exists.
Others may chime in, but I'm afraid you'll have to start looking into the future and re-creating apps With WinCC flex as Pro-Tool is about to be dropped.

Bkottarasall is correct. The new touch panels can only be programmed with WinCCflexible, not with Protool. for you to make a project conversion from the old touch panels to the new touch panels you MUST have the original project in the PC. The prosave file can´t be used. If you don't have the original protool file, you have to creat a NEW project with WinCCflexible.