Intouch 9.5 IAS 2.1- Tag Binding issue

goodguyrye

Hi,

I have been having problems binding my ArchestrA objects to ControlLogix objects. All objects are tried and true and have been commissioned at least once. The problem is that I create a new instance in the plc and same in ArchestrA and I need to restart the server to get them to work together. Obviously this sucks as it takes a good 15 min. to restart.
Has anybody ran across this before? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

First, welcome to the forum.

Are you using DASABCIP for the I/O server? If so, you can reset comms for any of the individual processes configured. Just drill down to the PLC processor, right-click on it, and select reset. All comms will be lost for this session for approximately 10-15 seconds.
I quite often have to do this when adding new tags to ControlLogix and WonderWare.

DASreset.JPG

goodguyrye said:
Hi,

I have been having problems binding my ArchestrA objects to ControlLogix objects. All objects are tried and true and have been commissioned at least once. The problem is that I create a new instance in the plc and same in ArchestrA and I need to restart the server to get them to work together. Obviously this sucks as it takes a good 15 min. to restart.
Has anybody ran across this before? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

I have noticed the same thing using Intouch 9.5 and the DASABCIP 3.X. Do you mean you reboot your Intouch PC or are just stopping and starting the ArchestraA service?

Thanks gmferg,

Yes we are using DASABCIP, ufortunately we have DASABCIP.3 and don't have the "Reset" function on the Processor menu like yours does, I'm assuming thats one upgrade included in DASABCIP.4. The my only option at present is to restart the Archestra DASABCIP.3 service (that's what I meant to say when I said restart the server((ie: curlyandshemp))... the last couple of times I did restart the server PC but only because I had other maintenance to do). Restarting the ArchestrA service takes(like I said earlier) 10-15 minutes. Any other advice?

Thanks again

Do you have the disable/enable feature for the individual sessions? Prior to going to .4 I know we were able to use this feature. I believe it was the latest patch that provided this feature.

The 10-15 minutes for restarting the service sounds way too long. When we had to do that method in the past it would only take 10-15 seconds to disable and then another 10-15 seconds to enable.

There is another method you can use but I suggest you use it on a limited basis and have it locked down to only yourself. Create a direct discrete button in WW with the following I/O discrete tag properties. When you press this button, all comms are reset for the Access Name that this tag is tied to. I have a button created for every access name used within an application.
BE AWARE THAT ALL COMMS WILL BE LOST FOR THIS ACCESS NAME FOR HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES YOUR SERVER TO RESET THIS PARTICULAR SESSION. ALL CLIENTS POLLING DATA FROM THIS I/O SERVER WILL BE DISPLAYING STALE DATA AND NO WRITES WILL GO THROUGH.

For me it usually takes about 15-20 seconds for comms to be reestablished.
This works for version .3 with no patch. This was my only method prior to the new patch that provided the reset feature.

DASreset2.JPG

Just a side note, I would recommend not upgrading to DASABCIP.4 yet. I'm having other issues which I need to contact Intouch tech support on next week.

Currently I have no way of refreshing individual sessions(restarting the service resets the connection to 4 ControlLogix's and 1 MicroLogix), I'm going to look into getting the latest patch but in the mean time I am going to add the button you suggested and test it at the next shut-down. I agree that 10-15 min (feels like an hour when I'm doing it) is a long time and I am going to focus some energy on the network. We have had problems with this brand of switches at other sites and have had to swap them out so this might have something to do with it.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help and I'm glad I found this forum.

Ryan