Siemens step 5 V7.17

johnmck66

Siemens step 5 V7.17
I am looking to obtain, with licence a copy of Siemens Step 5 V7.17.
Version 7.0 would as help as Siemens say they can upgrade from V7.0 to V7.17.
This is for a classified customer/project, anyone help or point me in a suitable direction please.

Last edited:
It must be a super top secret project because step7 v5.4 sp4 was just released
I think you mean step5 and just buy it from siemens

I get finger trouble now and then, when I looked at my post I thought h'mmm that does not look right.

Put it down to old age!...and a bit of stupidity.

I still need to obtain licensed version of Step 5 V7.17, it's not available off the shelf at Siemens!

A better question than one might think.

I think that STEP5 is at v7.23 or something at the moment.
Anyway, the upgrade from v7.0 to v7.20 is called 6ES5894-0MA04-0UD3 and costs approx 400 Euro in a pricelist from 2004, whereas the full version is called 6ES5894-0MA04 and costs approx 3000 Euro (!).

However, STEP5 has vanished from Siemens online purchasing system, so there is a risk that they have discontinued it completely.

Consider S5 for Windows from IBH. I think it costs approx 500 Euro.
Also, it is a Windows program whereas old STEP5 is part DOS part CP/M.

Step 5 v1.71

Hi Jesper,
I have managed to obtain the necessary upgrade from Siemens. Providing you have Ver 1.xx you can upgrade to 1.71, which is what the client has to use with the classification and validity issues involved.
Thanks to anyone who assisted.

By the way.

I hope that you are helping your customer with migrating from S5 to something newer.
Please dont modify or extend a plant while keeping an S5 PLC in the middle of it !

johnmck66 said:
Hi Jesper,
I have managed to obtain the necessary upgrade from Siemens. Providing you have Ver 1.xx you can upgrade to 1.71, which is what the client has to use with the classification and validity issues involved.
Thanks to anyone who assisted.
I think you must swap "1" and "7" in the above statement. Then it reads OK.
I guess they have a stockpile of STEP5 upgrade packages somewhere.