pcmk VS RICOH

mineitellyou

Hi everyone I have a customer with a fujitsu notebok E series. It has a pcmcia slot but the AB pcmk card won't work. I have the same laptop but older model, I know of four other people with same laptop ,again older models, none of which have a problem. AB tech support says that the problem is with the RICOH driver for that buss controller. I have done the basic t/s, use ie. use their card on my laptop reinstall rs linx etc.etc. I'm pretty sure the problem is a compatability issue with AB and RICOH. Has anyone else had this problem and or can anyone help. I've read the forums and can't find something similar. The plant has several different plc's. The only one they can't talk to is a plc5 that uses DH+.Oh ya the os is xp pro sp3

Last edited:
I suppose AB tech support is spot-on about the PCMCIA driver - not sure what you can do there. But I've read here (or elsewhere) that SP3 is not yet supported by AB; you may want to downgrade back to SP2.

sp2 still no go

I appoligize the laptop is running sp2. when I go to configure driver in rslinx classic I get an error that reeds
"unable to initilize device becouse pcmk plug and play driver does not apear to be loaded ,since this driver is only loaded while a pcmk is in your computer chek to make sure that the pcmk card is pluged in"
I cheked system hardware and it is working properly ,I cheked pcmk card on my laptop and card works, I used a FC card on pcmcia slot and that worked ,So if anyone can help I would be greatly apriciative.Thank you

I have had problems with PCMCIA cards in my Dell D630 and D830 laptops. I got the cards to work by entering the computer BIOS and turning off peripherals I do not use.

For example I disabled: Parallel port, IR, bluetooth

This apparently freed up the conflicting resources and I have not had one bit of trouble since.

Not sure about your notebook but I was recently evaluating a Fujitsu notebook and was extremely disappointed with the lack of BIOS configuration options. Loved it otherwise, but that was a deal-breaker for me.

OG

jstolaruk said:
Did you compare the address of where the BIOS placed the PCMK card in memory (in Device Manager) against where the driver was looking/expecting?
Not sure how to check where the driver is looking/expecting?No matter it seems that the powers that be might want to go with the 1784-u2dhp.I will pass all the greet advice to the maintenance guy I was helping out. It's to bad
they have all the hardware ,all the software ,cables etc. but Its there call . I'd like to thank everyone ,this is a great support group . Hope I can return the favor some day . I will find out next week what they decide to do.
thanks again. :site:

mineitellyou said:
Not sure how to check where the driver is looking/expecting?No matter it seems that the powers that be might want to go with the 1784-u2dhp.I will pass all the greet advice to the maintenance guy I was helping out. It's to bad
they have all the hardware ,all the software ,cables etc. but Its there call . I'd like to thank everyone ,this is a great support group . Hope I can return the favor some day . I will find out next week what they decide to do.
Not sure what you have but I will attach the files needed for the PCMK card.
I assume this is the RIO, DH485 and DH+.
I am using what I'll attach on a Dell D820 and a D830, no issues.
Win XP Pro with SP2.
Try the first one anf if it is a No Go I suggest trying the 2nd one.
Good luck.

mineitellyou said:

Read the installation guide for the driver and compare the settings to what is displayed in the device manager; adjust to match.