S7-300 Ob86_racks_fltd

The_Anny

Hellow,
I have a configuration of a Siemens CPU 315F-2 PN/DP with a ET200S on PROFIBUS. I have everything up and running.
I would like to use the OB86 when someone unplugges an IO-card. I can read this in the OB86_RACKS_FLTD variable. I changed this local variable type from an array to an Dword. When I unplug an IO-card from the ET200S this variable gives me an error code. I searched the help files for the meaning of this code , but didn't anything for this local variable. Can someone help me where I can find the meaning of these error codes.

Thanks,
The Anny

Last edited:
In Simatic Manager, put the cursor on OB86 and press the F1 key. The meaning of life will be revealed. (Ok, I'm tired and I have had a beer).

:)

OB86 local data evaluation

I think the attached file will tell you what you want to know.
I used to do what you are trying to do until I started to use the RSE (Report System Error) function.
It tells you where the fault is with comprehensive description like,
Wire break in channel No. XX of AI module with part no. 6ES7 -XXXXXXXXX (wiht LADDR address XXX) on ET200M with part No. 6ES7 -XXX XXXX(Profibus address XX) on Profibus ID:XX connected to CPU (Slot X Rack X ) (Profibus Address: XX)

Take a look on RSE
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/22727527

Thank you for the reply. It helped me solve my problem. I checked the same helpfile before, but didn't notice that they linked the variable OB86_RACKS_FLTD with OB86_Z23.

Both of you, thank you for the reply!
Greetings
Anny