Practice with Panelview 1000

randy

Supporting Member
Does anybody have a program that I can practice my uploading/downloading skills on a A-B PanelView 1000?

Thanks

Randy

Can you write your own to practice ul/dl skills?? Then you would also be practicing your screen development skills, too!

randy said:
Does anybody have a program that I can practice my uploading/downloading skills on a A-B PanelView 1000?

Thanks

Randy

What's the part number? There are differences depending on communication options.

What version of Panelbuilder32 are you planning to use? Or are you doing the file transfer with a memory card?

Here's one I did awhile back. Maybe this will help. I would start from scratch though, you would learn more.

OZEE said:
Can you write your own to practice ul/dl skills?? Then you would also be practicing your screen development skills, too!

Speaking of screen development skills. Anyone find HMI programming to be very long and tedious. The vast majority of the rungs my PLC programs seem to be dedicated just to troubleshooting and data display for the HMI. And the time I spend developing the screens seem to be much longer than the time it took to write the skeleton of the PLC program that just controlled the actual machine.

Tharon said:
Speaking of screen development skills. Anyone find HMI programming to be very long and tedious. The vast majority of the rungs my PLC programs seem to be dedicated just to troubleshooting and data display for the HMI. And the time I spend developing the screens seem to be much longer than the time it took to write the skeleton of the PLC program that just controlled the actual machine.

yeah, this has been true now for the last ten years or better. Get as much information to the HMI has possible; faults, cycle time, diagnostics, etc.

Best thing is, it reduces the number of phone calls from the customer.

Last edited: