scale & 1747-SN question

Terry Boblitt

I'm installing 3 scale units & a 1747-SN card. The processor is a 5/03. Setting up the communications was very easy. My ?? is when the scale see's a negative number the PLC see's it as positive number. How do you correct the issue?
Thanks Terry
scale #1====I:12.0 mov to F8:1
scale #2====I:12.2 mov to F8:2
scale #3====I:12.4 mov to F8:3

Ok Terry, I understand the why... :nodi:

So, I think the problem is relating to how the data is formatted in the scale; I mean, do you have a manual where is indicated the range of the number the scale put inside your input?

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Terry, I suggest you to go to Rice Lake site and register to be able to download docs.
I think it is necessary to understand how the datas are formatted inside your Input Address (Integer Numbers in SLC are in 2's complement binary data type, so that bit 15 is the sign).

Maybe you need to read the value as Unsigned; or maybe the scale gives you 2 Integer to be transferred in one Floating.

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Last edited:
Good morning Mickey..

The scales have an AB remote I/O card inctalled. All of the scales are daisy channed together and tied into the 1747-SN card.I do see all of the scales in the logic but they logic don't see -

Terry Boblitt said:
Good morning Mickey..

The scales have an AB remote I/O card inctalled. All of the scales are daisy channed together and tied into the 1747-SN card.I do see all of the scales in the logic but they logic don't see -

I had second thoughts after I posted, so I deleted my post.
Sense I have no knowledge of your weighing systems I should not stick my nose into this. Sorry for any confusion.