Logix500 database export

naegely

I am trying to get a database exported from an RSLogix 500 program, so that I can copy the tags into a Kepserver database. No matter which ASCII export type I try, I am only getting the system status tags when I open the files. Same thing when I choose "Edit with Excel". Does anyone know a way to get a complete tag list exported?

Thanks very much,

Rob

neagely, you may export only the tags that has a description in the database.... :unsure:

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Yup, needs either a Symbol Name or Description to show up in the CSV. It will not automatically export address that are used. One strange thing is that if you assign a symbol name and then delete the name, the address will show up in the export anyway.

OpZed, yes this happens because the address remain in the Address/Description Database (until you'll delete it "manually") with empty symbol and description fields.

qqq.JPG

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]