symax class 8030, 600 processor

palhet

Hello everyone,

I m very new with symax.I ma working on one project in which we are adding some i/o cards in one of the remote i/o rack. The problem is in symax we have to assign address in continuous manner and we are running out of addresses.If we are adding these cards we have to change the addresses and it looks like because of this we have to change all the address for the all consecutive racks. after this rack we have 5 more racks.n beacuse of that we have to modify all the prg and with that they have scada so it looks we have to change all the addresses for communication. Can neone suggest us the best way to accomplish this. Thanks in advance.

palhet said:
Hello everyone,

I m very new with symax.I ma working on one project in which we are adding some i/o cards in one of the remote i/o rack. The problem is in symax we have to assign address in continuous manner and we are running out of addresses.If we are adding these cards we have to change the addresses and it looks like because of this we have to change all the address for the all consecutive racks. after this rack we have 5 more racks.n beacuse of that we have to modify all the prg and with that they have scada so it looks we have to change all the addresses for communication. Can neone suggest us the best way to accomplish this. Thanks in advance.

Sy/Max rack addressing must be consecutive.

Can you add a new Remote I/O driver card and create a new I/O string for this location? All of your other addresses could remain the same and it would only be the existing cards moved to this new string that would need to be re-addressed. If this is possible and you do not use the existing addresses then you may be able to implement some LET statements to transfer I/O status between the new and old addresses so you SCADA would not be affected.

Thanks Jim,In that rack we have CRM 232, and address statrs from 226 to 297. you mean i can reassign that card starting from last address used in last rack. but I have a question since rack address should be ocntinuous what i should do with this 227 to 297 address.

palhet said:
Thanks Jim,In that rack we have CRM 232, and address statrs from 226 to 297. you mean i can reassign that card starting from last address used in last rack. but I have a question since rack address should be ocntinuous what i should do with this 227 to 297 address.

The addressing must be continuous and sequential. Because you can only assign addresses by specifying the "first address" for the slot, the last address is automatically assigned. Unless you assign your addresses 226-297 to an unused slot they will be assigned to the previous slot. There is nothing that prevents you from assigning more addresses to a slot than you are going to use, we used to do this in order to leave room for future expansion in the middle of an I/O string.

Just remember continuous and sequential, the programming software will not let you create an illegal address scheme, so go ahead and play with different options.

Actually it is a existing system. we are just modifying and they didnot leave any address for future use. Which different option you are talking about? Is there any way so we cna minimize our work?

Everything really depends on your existing rack addressing, your desired rack addressing, your usage of slots in the processor rack, and what addresses are still available in the program.

My first choice would be to add a new remote I/O string, rather than having to "move" register assignments in the program and in the SCADA.

palhet said:
which hardware require for adding new remote i/o string? We need to add 4 new i/o cards(1 DI,1DO and 2 AO).

No one can answer without knowing exactly how your existing system is addressed and then what changes you want to make to it.
A typical issue with Sy/Max, is the inflexibility of the rack addressing if the original systems designer did not allow for expansion.

To add a complete new I/O string you need to add a CRM Local Interface (LI) module to your main processor rack, in a slot that can be addressed. Then you run a communications cable from this new LI Channel 1 to your new I/O rack. At the new I/O rack you add a CRM Remote Interface (RI) module and configure it as Channel 1 Drop 1. There are several different types of LI/RI communications possible, I would suggest using something compatible with your existing system.

Thanks Jim for ur help. I have one more question regarding PID of symate plus software. I have set the PID definition for the VFD speed. I have all the values but i m not getting output. Can you help me regarding PID definition?

Hi Jim I am using register starts with 7000. I have all the parameters i.e. KP,KI,Kd etc. but I am not getting PID output. I wonder if there is any thing to initiate this PID or wheher i can ue these register addresses? It will be great help if you can give me some idea for PID. I am using symate plus software.

thanks