Help Me

patil

PLC - Allen bradley Micrologix 1500 and HMI panel view 600.My factory runs 3 shifts per day and I want 10 shifts data log in panel view with time and NO of component produced per shift.Please suggest how to get time and date with out using RTC in PLC.

If you only want number of componets produce by shift, this is what you have to do:
Depending on your shift time you create three new tags, shift1, shift2 and shift3, only one will be enable at a time, when you enable let´s say shift1 you enable a counter for that shift and start counting and save the time your shift started, when you are about to disable shift1 and anable shift2 then you sent shft counter acc from shift1 to a fifo, this fifo must have at least 10 positions in this fifo you save shift production, in your case i recommend to have several fifos with the same size but they are going to save different data, one will save production number, the other one will save day, other hour, other minute and so on, to make things simples use a diferent production counter for each shift and reset it when the shift starts.
The shifts can be enable by your RTC or from your PV.

Have the PV600 write out the time and date to the PLC under the Global tags. That would be the easiest way to get Date and Time to the PLC.