AB Inview Comms

GertThePLCGuy

I have a few questions with regards to a 2706-P42 Inview station that i'm hoping somebody could help me with!

- When using point to point do I leave the Micro communication channel configured as DF1?

- What do I configure the Inview Communication port to match up with Micro DF1 ? RS232….

- With regards to the cable am I going to only use the RXD and TXD wire termination on the Inview terminals, in the PM02 cable?

- I see in the manual for the Inview station in the example code it refers to using a String File, I’m only familiar with using an Integer File for Inview messages so can I still do it with integer files in the Micro Logix family of processors? I only want to dispaly variable data!

never worked on one but from what I read in the manual for point to point you will need to use the channel 0 which is a df1 protocol (rs 232) and the only data it accepts is ascii although the manual did mention the channel 1 can be used on micrologix