RSLinx Gateway for Linux? or bridging eth0 to ttyS0?

rssql

Anyone know of a linux open-source solution that works like RSLinx Gateway?

I'm using PuppyLinux 4.00, and have connected a SLC503 CH0.
I'm able to collect data from the SLC, but
I want to use RSLogix on a remote computer to go thru
this linux box and make program changes remotely.

Am I asking for too much?

Last edited:
An interesting little experiment I once did was to add a TCP server to a DF1 driver. When a TCP data came in, the PCCC data was stripped out, replaced with a DF1 header, then passed to the SLC over serial and vice versa. This allowed me to remotely connect to the PC(which was running the modified DF1 driver) using RSLinx as if it were a SLC 5/05.

This works because the SLC 5/05 uses AB Ethernet protocol which is the same as DF1, but with a 22 byte header.

Both PC's were running Windows, so my code would not be of any direct help.