Devicenet in ABB ACS350 drives

hajdeen82

I would like to know will it be possible to read all the parameters of the ACS350 drive of ABB make through devicenet protocol, or is it limited to certain no of parameters

hello alan
I have got the EDS file and i believe it the full EDS file.I also went through ur previous replies to some one reg the same thing of Devicenet with ABB drives.I was going through the manual and there i found that they have some predefined profiles where the parameters of the drives are mapped predefinedly. I wish to access all the parameters of the drive . My case is with an 5/80 allen bradley plc on devicenet.
Can u give some clues about how to access all the parameters of the drive.

Could you throw some light on explicit messaging. I'm new to devicenet. Is it something like what we do in modbus,where i have to cyclically keep polling the required parameters i want to read/write.

It is similar to the way you would do it in modbus. Just cyclically poll all the parameters you wish to read and write on change of state to the parameters you wish to alter.
Regards Alan Case