FIFO for 2 dimensional array in RSLogix 5000

Zhopa

Hi everybody!

I'm struggling with 2 dimensional array. The task is simple: to keep records for last 10 user log-ins (user ID# and time stamp).

So I created array User_Stamp (DINT[7]) where I put User_ID# to element [0] and date_time_stamp to next 6 elements (discarding ms).

Now I'm trying to move this stamp to array Login_History (DINT[10,7]) and shifting data somehow.

I found nice solution for one dimensional array but stuck on two...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gerry said:
Make User_Stamp a UDT instead of an array and then create a single dimension array of type "User_Stamp".

That's the answer right there.
I use a 500 element array of UDT's here for queuing process alarm and flaw tracking. The UDT is defined up with about 20 elements, including string's, and the array of them works perfectly with FIFO's.

Thanks,

I felt that there should be some solution like this :)

But now I have another question:
how do I display this data on PanelView Plus? I mean I can not use UDT in PanelView, so how do I display elements of my array (User_ID# and date_time)?

Thanks again

Do I have to define EACH element in PanelView?

Thanks for such quick reply!

It's not because I'm stupid, it's because my boss is mean - no money for professional training...

Sorry to bug you again, but the last question:

do I have to define tag in Panelview to to EACH element of the UDT or there is some shorter way and I just don't see it?

Thanks again!

Zhopa:

First picture is my udt, it is in spanish but basically is, year,month,day.hour,minute, second,etc., this is the first element of the fifo[0]

pv2.jpg

Second picture is the final result, as you can see it shows 15 results, this is the size of my fifo.

pv3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks,
it's exactly what I need, but my question is:

in PanelView, did you create separate tag for each readout:
13 items in each line and 15 lines, so it's 195 tags?

Or is there way to create an array in PanelView Plus?

Thanks!

Zhopa:

Look at muy udt carefully, as i said this is the first element of my fifo i.e. [0]
The first line of second image ( element [0] of my fifo) is shown in the next lines, it is a text with embeded variables, and as you can see embedded variables are the data from first element of my fifo, this is what you have to write down in your text in order to appear as in the second picture. Spaces are included just to look fine. Use my example and compare it to yours.

/*N:2 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].dia ZEROFILL DP:0*///*N:2 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].mes ZEROFILL DP:0*///*N:4 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].year ZEROFILL DP:0*/ /*N:2 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].hora ZEROFILL DP:0*/:/*N:2 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].minutos ZEROFILL DP:0*/ /*N:7 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].Entrada_Aceite_Ayer ZEROFILL DP:3*/ /*N:11 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].Acumulador_Entrada ZEROFILL DP:3*/ /*N:8 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].Salida_Aceite_Ayer ZEROFILL DP:3*/ /*N:10 [Delta5]Prod_Mensual[15].Acumulador_Salida ZEROFILL DP:3*/